For those wondering how to watch, listen, or stream the Minnesota Gophers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes home football game, read the information below.
When: Saturday at 3:00 p.m. CST
Stream: HERE via the FoxSports app
radio: KFAN (100.3FM) OR stream it here
Series: Minnesota leads 62-51-2 (Minnesota lost 27-22 at Iowa City (11/13/21))
Vegas Bet Line: Minnesota (-2.5) with an O/B of 32
Weather report: 20 degrees with west wind at 10-15 km/h and sun
No coupon code required, just select the MONTHLY option at checkout.
1. RV/RV Minnesota (7-3, 4-3 B1G) play their final home game of the season on Saturday, hosting Iowa (6-4, 4-3) at Huntington Bank Stadium. Kick-off between two of the four teams that finished first in the Big Ten West is scheduled for 3 p.m. on FOX, with radio coverage on KFAN.
2. Mohamed Ibrahim has rushed 238 times for 1,261 yards (5.3 average) and 18 touchdowns in nine games this season. He posted those numbers despite missing the Purdue contest and not playing past the opening second-half drive in any of the first three contests this season. In the process, he’s extended his streak of 100-yard rushing plays to 18 straight games, stretching back to the 2020 Outback Bowl. According to ESPN, Ibrahim’s streak is the longest of any FBS player since 2000. During the current streak, Ibrahim has rushed 489 times for 2,640 yards and 36 touchdowns. He has averaged 5.40 yards per rush and 146.7 yards per game over that span and has added 14 catches for 99 yards. He had three games for 200+ yards during his streak, 12 games with at least two rushing touchdowns, six games with three or more points, and a pair of four-TD games, tying Minnesota’s single-game record.
3. Minnesota has one of the best and most versatile defenses in the nation under defensive coordinator Joe Rossi. The Golden Gophers rank eighth in the country by allowing 274.0 total yards per contest. They also have the No. 4 defense in scoring (13.1 ppg), the No. 8 in passing yards allowed (167.3), and the No. 13 rush defense (106.8). Minnesota is the only team in the nation, along with Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State and Michigan, to place 13th or better in each of those categories
4. Saturday marks the 116th all-time matchup between Minnesota and Iowa, and it’s also the 88th fight for Floyd of Rosedale, a 15.5-inch-tall, 21-inch-long bronze statue of a prized pig. The all-time record for Floyd of Rosedale, first played in 1935, couldn’t be much higher, although the Hawkeyes hold a slight lead at 43-42-2.
5. The 2022 season is Head Coach PJ Fleck’s sixth in Minnesota, where he holds a record of 42-26. He is already fifth in program history for wins and sixth in Big Ten wins (25) and games coached (68). Fleck’s .618 win rate is the third-best among 11 Minnesota coaches with at least 45 games under her management, behind only Henry L. Williams (.786, 1900-21) and Bernie Bierman (.716, 1932-41, ’45-50). ). In his 10th season overall as a college head coach, Fleck is 72-48 (.600)